Applying the History& Origins of Alcoholics Anonymous Recoveries
The Christian Recovery Movement
The Dick B. Papers
© 2014 Anonymous. All rights reserved
[These pages are devoted to reporting the research, findings, utilization, and dissemination of recovery facts emanating from more than 25 years devoted by author and A.A. historian Dick B. Clean and sober continuously for more 27 years, Dick B. (a retired attorney and active AA) has devoted his help for others to finding and suggesting the application of various effective phases of successful recovery ideas in Alcoholics Anonymous. And to pointing out the immense opportunities being seized today by Christian alcoholics, addicts, and codependents who rely on the power of God for deliverance – as the early Akron A.A. Christian Fellowship did in 1935.]
A preview of some short papers:
1. What the first three AAs had to say about their cure!
2. How the first three AAs got sober.
3. The folks that likened early A.A. to First Century Christianity
Today: What the first three AAs had to say about their cure:
1. On page 191 of the 4th edition of the Big Book, Bill said to the wife of A.A. Number Three:
“Henrietta, the Lord has been so wonderful to me, curing me of this terrible disease that I just want to keep talking about it and telling people.”
2. On page 188 of the 4th edition of the Big Book, Dr. Bob is quoted as follows in his remarks to Bill W. after Bob got sober: “If you and I are going to stay sober, we had better get busy.” Straightaway, Bob called Akron’s City Hospital and asked for the nurse on the receiving ward. He explained that he and a man from New York had a cure for alcoholism. Did she have an alcoholic customer on whom it could be tried?” Later, in his personal story, Dr. Bob concluded: “Your Heavenly Father will never let you down!” (page 181)
3. On page 191, A.A. Number Three (Bill D., the Akron attorney referred to above)) wrote: “I thought, I think I have the answer. Bill was very grateful that he had been released from this terrible thing and he had given God the credit for having done it, and he’s so grateful about it he wants to tell other people about it. That sentence, ‘The Lord has been so wonderful to me, curing me of this terrible disease, that I just want to keep telling people about it,’ has been a sort of a golden text for the A.A. program and for me.